I'm back from Puerto Rico! It's actually been almost a week since I've come back, but my internship started so I haven't had the time to check back in. My Puerto Rico post will come...soon enough! I took soooo many pictures that I don't even want to look at them yet, let alone edit them. In the meantime, I did sift through some of them and found these shots of the beautiful beach my resort was next to. They really blue me away (ehehehe I had to).
The varying colors of blue, light blue, dark blue, blue-green, green-blue...such a multitude of blues blending together into the horizon. The sky, the clouds, the water -- they were all so beautiful and clear. The sand was so finely grained and had such a vibrant color. As the warm waves washed up on shore and retreated back again, I pondered about life and its mystique.
The only things
obscuring complimenting the sky were these fluffy white clouds, passing by and moving along their ways. How great it would be to reach up and grab some off to eat like cotton candy (though it wouldn't taste very sweet).
And so, I decided to pull some colors from my collection to remind myself of that temporary getaway, that "paradise lost." While definitely not as beautiful and vibrant, these do make me reminisce about where I was a week ago. Along with this little turtle as my companion, I took another trip back to Puerto Rico in my mind.
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Painkiller: This gorgeous, vibrant aqua blue screamed "THE OCEAN" to me. It's so bright and blue-tiful. 'nuff said.
- L'Oreal HiP pigment in Valiant: This is such a complex blue to me. The base color is a cornflower blue, but because of the purple duochrome, it flashes an indigo that's so pretty. I don't know about you, but an indigo eyeshadow is hard to come by in my opinion.
- Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Le Bleu de Jim: I've showcased the beauty of this eyeliner before, but here again is this beautiful, bright, super-vibrant, kapow cobalt blue eyeliner PENCIL. I still, to this day, am shocked by how bright it is despite being a pencil. This color really represented the sky to me. Sometimes the sky can be so blue, it's shocking.
- L'Oreal Color Chrome Eyeliner in Gold Charge: This is the most perfect gold color ever. Not to mention, the eyeliner is smooth and stays on forever. Gold is such a summery color. Like coral, it invokes the images of the beach, the sand, and the hot sun.
- L'Oreal Colour Juice Lip Gloss in Strawberry Smoothie: I picked this not only because of the name, but also because the color of it is exactly the same shade as how the sand was. Yes, it was that orange.
- MAC lipstick in Marquise D': This has the prettiest golden sheen ever. It may seem like a boring ol' sheer pink lip color at first, but that sheen running through it just makes it beautiful. I think that this is perfect for summer, not only is the lipstick light and sheer, but the color is just gorgeous.
- L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte: This is the quintessential champagne color. And white is the quintessential summer color. People wear white bikinis, white shirts, white dresses, white hats, white pants -- white everything in the summer. It helps people stay slightly cooler since white reflects sunlight (as opposed to black). Here, Iced Latte is the perfect balance of that summer white and the beautiful pearls in oysters.
1. Marquise D', 2. Strawberry Smoothie, 3. Iced Latte, 4. Gold Charge, 5. Valiant, 6. Painkiller, 7. Le Bleu de Jim
One of my mentors gave me these magazines that my company publishes. They talk about the projects that the whole firm works on and other design interest stories. He's letting me keep them! I really liked the cover on this one. Try finding the items that were in this post! Some of them are pretty well hidden. ;)
Tell me if you found all of them!
It's only my third day at the internship and already I'm being exposed to so much design and architecture. It's really amazing how much work goes into one single project. I can't help but feel scared and overwhelmed about what my future could be like. But at the same time, I'm really loving every minute of it.