Friday, June 14, 2013

I Made a Cake!


So, I'm really not a baker. Every time I tried to make cookies from scratch, they'd end up as biscuits. My baking is pretty much limited to funfetti cake mixes...which is really bad. Clearly. But with proper guidance (a recipe book and a very anal friend), I (along with a team of friends) was able to bake a beautiful cake for one of our best friends for his birthday. I got quite a workout on my right arm from all the mixing.

I was in charge of decorating the cake, and I gotta say, I'm pretty darn proud of it.



The fork is my sword!

Practicing the icing on a plate of leftover zucchini (from our barbecue).

The finished product!

It was a 2-layer vanilla cake with chocolate ganache frosting. We put a layer of the frosting and sliced strawberries on the inside. The little chocolate "trimming" and what not is just melted dark chocolate.

The candles are in the shape of a K.

If my architecture dreams don't come to fruition, I guess I can become a cake decorator, aha! I'll work on the baking, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment