Monday, June 3, 2013

Be-YOU-ty

Earlier in the year, I showed you a few pieces of art that I'd been working on for my AP Art concentration. For my concentration, I focused my pieces around the theme of makeup and its effect on the user. Over the sequence of these 12 pieces, the girl and the makeup she uses both go through transformations. The girl, once pretty, curious, but a little insecure in her natural state becomes scarred and can only hide behind a mask -- a mask of makeup. I hope you can see the story as you view the images. 

While it's a somewhat negative take on cosmetics, I do still love it, but sometimes one can get lost in the sea of products out there. Beauty is only beauty if you be-YOU-ty. (Barf, I'm sorry)

Okay cheesiness over. Here they are! I think you'll be able to tell that I'm a lot more comfortable with watercolors as opposed to acrylic paint. I ain't for dat acrylic life. Yeah, I'm gonna stick with my watercolors.

Watercolor
Watercolor & Pen
Watercolor
Watercolor
Acrylic
Watercolor
Acrylic
Watercolor
Micron Pen
Acrylic & Watercolor
Acrylic
Acrylic

The photographing+uploading do not do some of these justice sadly. Can you tell that last painting is me? I couldn't find a model haha. I felt so accomplished when I finally finished everything. I feel a slight void now that I don't have to rush finishing a piece in two weeks, but well time to paint for leisure!

No comments:

Post a Comment