In the midst of writing my research paper on Roald Dahl, I took a break to play with some of my makeup. I had hit a bump in the road, so I decided to take a breather to loosen up my mind a little. Isn't it awesome that I'm doing my research paper on Roald Dahl? I'm comparing his children's and adult's stories. I've always loved him as an author (his short stories are fantastic), and so I was really glad my English teacher approved of him for my research project!
One of the books I'm using is the classic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so I pulled some inspiration from all the sweets and chocolates to make a theme for my swatches.
So I was basically still doing "research" on it, right? Ehehe. Here is one of my favorite passages from the book:
"Charlie was holding tightly onto his grandfather's bony old hand. He was in a whirl of excitement. Everything he had seen so far -- the great chocolate river, the waterfall, the huge sucking pipes, the candy meadows, the Oompa-Loompas, the beautiful punk boat, and most of all, Mr. Willy Wonka himself -- had been so astonishing that he began to wonder whether there could be more astonishments left. Where were they going now? What were they going to see? And what in the world was going to happen in the next room?"
Here's what I pulled out from my stash:
- C.O. Bigelow Winter Cordials Glossy Lip Balm in Triple Hot Chocolate: I just had to. Triple Hot Chocolate? YUM! The smell can get a little overpowering, though. The gloss is very nicely moisturizing (like most C.O. Bigelow's) and has the tiniest bit of subtle shimmer.
- Revlon Beyond Natural Defining Eye Pencil in Brown: It's such a pretty, rich red-brown color! For some reason, it reminds me of peanut butter chocolates. It's really nice and smooth.
- MAC Pigment in Cocomotion: Hehehe, just for the name, y'know? It's a gorgeous bronze gold with a stunning metallic finish.
- Benefit Box Blush/Highlighter in Sugarbomb: It has chocolate on the box! The four colors mixed together create a nice and sweet pale peachy pink color. The blush smell nice too!
- Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable: This color just screams dark chocolate to me! It's such a nice and smooth dark brown. This used to be my go-to color for defining the crease (I don't really wear much makeup nowadays).
- L'Oreal HiP Shadow Stick in Meticulous: The prettiest pale taupe ever! This reminds me of chocolate milk; it's one of the best shadow stick bases ever. I love love love it.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad in Coffee Bean: I realize I have a lot of makeup items with food names. Or rather companies like to name their shades after food. This is a great everyday eye palette, and I'm quite sad they don't have this quad anymore (I think).
- B&BW Liplicious Lip Gloss in Strawberry Bling: Needed something to pump up the excitement, yeah? Having all muted colors would have been a little boring, so this sparkle/glitter-packed gloss was perfect. It's SO condensed with glitters -- so pretty! It reminds me of sugar and rock candy.
- The Body Shop Lip Butter in Coconut: This smells and feels delicious! I really want to get the mango one too, especially now that they're 2 for $10. But boy, I really do NOT need another lip balm. I need to get crackin' on them!
This was really fun and such a nice little break! I think not only having a color theme but an actual theme is really fun when you're just having some fun swatching your makeup. Well, I just like swatching stuff in general LOL. So here are the swatches:
1. The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter, 2. Benefit Sugarbomb, 3. C.O. Bigelow Triple Hot Chocolate, 4. Strawberry Bling, 5. Revlon Beyond Natural in Brown, 6. L'Oreal HiP in Meticulous, 7. Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable, 8. MAC Cocomotion, 9. Revlon Coffee Bean Quad.
Don't you just wanna go munch on some chocolates now?