Sunday, May 20, 2012

HUGE Life Update!

Wassup y'all?

I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back!

Where have I been? Well, school and extracurriculars have taken over my life lately, but I'm basically done with all of that! I only need to take my SAT Subject Tests in June and then I shall be done for the year (hopefully)! I also had a little job hunt going on as well, interviews and everything -- which were a little nerve-wracking. However, I did get the job I wanted! AT A DESIGN FIRM! I'm so so so SO excited!

I've missed you all SO MUCH! I totally abandoned the blogging world for a few months (no twitter/blogspot, my goodness), but it was worth it to get ahead more in my schoolwork AND life!

The thing that's been taking up so much, though, has been my baby.

Yes, my baby.

JUST KIDDING! Fooled you, didn't I? I meant my metaphorical baby: my stage backdrop for my huge Asian Night/talent show! I spent 3.5 months (blood, sweat, and tears -- the whole sha-bang) with my volunteers on it! They're all Asian landmarks, see if you can ID a few? Check it out!
I'm pretty mean thuggin', aren't I?

If you want to see more of what this 'Asian Night' I speak of is like, and if you want to see my baby in action, check out these videos my friend recorded of the show! The whole show was completely student-run and planned, I'm really proud and happy that it turned out well. I hope to make an even better show next year!

In addition to painting for that up there, I've also been spending more time painting and making things on my own for pleasure. It's been really great. Very calming and joy-inducing!
"Birds of a Feather Flock Together" Watercolor + Pen

I also dabbled in my first 3-D art/recycled art/sculpture/thing/I-don't-know-what-to-categorize-it-as, and it was really fun! Meticulous, but amazingly enjoyable!
"Whoops!" Craploads of metal stuff

What do you think I was trying to express in these? I'll answer you in the comments! But anyway, enough of my boring life. I'll write about more interesting things like makeup and fashion...with some of this still of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment