Friday, June 22, 2012

Recently

Hey y'all!

School is finally out and I am baaaaaack! Sorry for the impromptu hiatus. But anyway, I'm so happy to be blogging again! During the past two weeks, there was always something clawing at me to post, but I resisted that temptation. I needed to get mah work did.

So to update you guys a little on what I've been up to lately, here are some things that I've been recently doing!


Recently listening to:
Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men; love the use of different instruments and the general catchy-ness of this song. The lyrics are also really nice; click that play button!

Recently consumed:
"Swiss Mushroom" burger and fresh cut french fries; my friends and I have a yearly tradition to celebrate the last day of school at this lovely place called Eagle's Deli. Of course we kept the tradition going again this year!

Recently been reading:
1984 by George Orwell; I'm part of the recycling committee at my school so at our annual end-of-the-year clean-out of the entire school, I found this near-perfect condition copy of 1984. I'm really enjoying it so far, have you read this classic before?

Recently purchased:
Sunscreen and some Infallibles; I'm going to Puerto Rico on the 30th for some family vacationing so I needed a new sunblock! I got the baby version because I thought it might have fewer harsh chemicals, but still offer good protection. It also doesn't have that nasty sunscreen-y smell! I also got these two Infallibles, which I will definitely post about later (especially about the one on the left). I would have gotten a third one called Liquid Diamond (it was this beautiful lilac/lavender silver mishmash that I can't even describe properly), but I didn't bring enough money!

Recently been playing:
Pokemon Blue; on my old school Game Boy Advance (I still have GB Color though)! Ever since finals have been over, it's been Pokemon all over the place...which partially explains why I didn't update on Friday/Saturday as promised. (Hehehe, sorry about that.)

Recently went to:
THE BEACH; we have been hit with three straight days (and counting) of 100-degree weather here in Boston...which isn't exactly very comfortable, but nevertheless summer has finally arrived! By the end of that day I had gotten 5 shades darker (despite packing on 9 billion layers of sunscreen every few hours), oh boy.

I think I might make this a recurring theme/series on this blog -- not sure yet. It's kind of like a spin-off of 'Week in Pictures'? Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment