Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Birchbox

My November Birchbox has arrived! It arrived one day after it was shipped, which I was rather impressed about. This month's box was all about giving. Birchbox is supporting a non-profit called The Art of Elysium with this, and I found that pretty flippin' cool. The organization encourages actors, artists, designers, and musicians to volunteer their time and talent to children who are battling serious medical conditions.

Like I said, pretty flippin' cool.


And again I am enamored by the perfect packaging design this company has -- gah, the polka dots! The products definitely met the expectations I set after last month's box. Let's take a look at what I received for this box.



Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray ($25): What a generous and cute sample! I've heard great things about this line, so I'm really excited to try it. Especially now that I am more fluent in my hair-prettying abilities.

One of the products I was most excited about after watching their sneak peak video was the Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer ($20), and it is indeed very very pretty! There's such an opulent pinky-gold shimmer/glow to it.

Next is the Miracle Skin Transformer Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector ($58): This is such a pleasant surprise! I'm always looking for good spot treatments, and this is a pretty decent-size sample so I'm definitely going to give this baby a go. 

Packaged with a cute postcard was Atelier Cologne's Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue ($75-$195). It had such a fancy name, so I immediately thought that this would be a more mature scent. A quick sniff later and my assumption was confirmed; it's a little too strong for me.



Last, but certainly not least, was a little packet of a Potato Chip Chocopod from Chuao Chocolatier ($7.95)! Chocolate covered potato chips? Um, hell to the yeah!


I thought the postcard was too cute.

There was a little back story to the photograph and perfume:
"She turned the dial until the safe opened, revealing the diamond. She had stolen jewels before, but none compared with this one. She left a single rose and the scent of her perfume in its place for him to find. In a moment she'd be halfway around the world and he would be in pursuit. The chase began again..."
Albeit a little cheesy, I'll leave you on that note. I'm very pleased with this month's Birchbox and I really look forward to December's. Do you subscribe to the any of these sample box programs? What are your opinions of them? Let me know what you think! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment