Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Purples are Gray-t!

It was just another boring day in Maggie's room but then she decided to put makeup on!

I wanted to do a darker eye/fall-into-winter look, so by default I turned to purple eyeshadows. And well, I thought purple would be a good color for this kind of look anyway. Plus, I wanted to use my MAC Moth Brown that I got from Dovey, hehe.


In addition to Moth Brown, I also used a L'Oreal Infallible in Sahara Treasure that I got from Jian a while back. Next to Moth Brown, it turned into this lovely grayish-brown as opposed to its usual gold-bronze nature. Such an unexpected, but pleasant turn of events!


Even though my eyes were a little bit more dramatic, I thought red lips would still go well with the look. I really didn't want to do nude lips. That weird expressionless picture of me on the right was supposed to show off the perfect flush my Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine gives me!

Why yes, I do have weird bottom dimples.

To intensify the look, I used Urban Decay's Frigid to deepen the outer v, and to balance all the darkness, I popped on L'Oreal Iced Latte in the inner corners. Products used:

  • Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Sahara Treasure & Iced Latte
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Moth Brown
  • Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Frigid
  • Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace
  • L'Oreal HiP Color Chrome Eyeliner in Violet Volt
  • Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Look Mascara in Black (thanks Jian!)
  • Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine
  • NARS lipstick in Flamenco

Alas! Maggie would have been all dolled up with nowhere to go...but she did have somewhere to go. And she had forgotten that she'd run out of makeup wipes, so she ended up going out to dinner with her parents with all of that on (well, sans red lips)!? It was a lot more makeup than she was used to, but her parents said it was pretty (for once), so perhaps it won't be too bad if she were to wear something like this more often?

Yeah, I don't know why I'm speaking in the third person either.

No comments:

Post a Comment