Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Guava & Pomegranate

On Black Friday, which sounds like quite a while ago now, I did a little bit of online shopping. So of course I had to go on Sephora. The selection in the sales section was a little disappointing, but I did get away with two things and a little mystery bag of samples. One was a lipgloss (which I'll be saving for something) and the other was this Korres Butter To Go Set. It was $15, which I thought was a pretty good deal for a full-size of the coveted Korres Lip Butter and a generous travel-size of their raved body butters.

This is such a great set to try out their products. I'd wanted their lip butters for such a long time, and at least I got my grubby hands on one! 


I've always loved Korres's minimalist packaging. So much kudos to their brand designer(s)! I'm such a fan! And I also love the fact that their products are really natural. Brand love aside, the set came with a Lip Butter in Pomegranate and a Body Butter in Guava. They both smelled delicious.


I'm a sucker for body butters. They (usually) have nice scents, and are of such a nice, thick consistency compared to regular old, runny lotions. I'd wanted to try the Korres Body Butters after hearing great things about them, but not as much as I wanted to try the lip butters. A lot of times guava scents are obnoxiously sweet, but for this Guava, the sweet was just right. The Body Butter sinks easily into the skin. There is no oily film, and it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. Love! If there's a mango-scented version...SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


These lip butters have been raved about for a while. I remember going to Sephora at various different times to browse, ending up with a lip butter or two in my hands intending to purchase them, only to put them back down reasoning that I didn't need another lip balm. A slightly pricier one at that. However, now that I've tried it, I realize that I really should've gotten them sooner!


The lip butter is smooth, creamy, and moisturizing. Pomegranate gives my lips such a healthy hint of color and shine, which is perfect since my lips have been rather dry and pale lately. It leaves my lips feeling back to normal, smooth and soft, after wearing off. And on top of all of this, it smells great! So much love. I am definitely going back for other colors.

Have you tried these cult-favorite Korres lip butters? If so, what are your thoughts on them? Love them or just another lip balm? Regardless, I highly recommend this set to you if you've been wanting to try Korres butters for a long time like me! And it's a great stocking stuffer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment