Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cold Feet

Hiiii! *waves* I'm aliiiiiive! 

Sorry for the brief hiatus, ladies. I noticed that I gained quite a few followers during my absence...which doesn't make sense to me, but welcome to my blog! Right when I was on the high of having submitted half of my college applications, I was smacked in the face with a truck load of work. I still have so much due on Monday (yay), but I thought I'd take a quick moment to share with you the shoes I've been living in this fall and will be living in this coming winter.

Let me start off by saying: I love shoes. We all love shoes, don't we? They're the perfect accessory to dress up or dress down an outfit, in my opinion. Now, I don't have a super expensive, massive shoe collection (nor do I really want one), but I do have a nice selection to pick and choose from.

Clockwise from top: Payless ankle boots, Bare Traps riding boots, J.Crew moccasins, American Rag floral oxfords.

The pair of shoes I've been most frequenting this cold season has been these flat ankle booties from Payless that I got as a gift from my friends. I've always wanted plain brown ankle boots (because they're so versatile), so imagine my excitement when my best friends got these for me my last birthday. Sure enough, they go with any outfit. Whether I'm wearing jeans or a dress, they're so easy to slip on and run out the door. 

Since Black Friday, my feet have also been snuggling into these soft, fluffy J.Crew moccasins my brother got me. I know they're not the most fashionable things out there, but they are so. damn. comfortable. It's like I'm walking on pillows when I'm wearing them! I also love that they have actual rubber soles on the bottom. They were $21, which is such a steal for good quality moccasins...and from J.Crew, whaaat!? Thanks for the early Christmas gift, bro. :)

Some other shoes I've been loving are these Bare Traps riding boots (shown in an outfit post here) I got during an after-Christmas sale last year and a pair of floral oxfords I got at around the same time. My mom and I co-own the boots, and she's actually been using them more than me. They're just the perfect pair of shoes to dress up ANY outfit. These floral oxfords (or brogues? not sure which to call them) have also been my go-to shoe to wear when I feel like dressing up.


I'm sure you've noticed that brown and being flat-heeled are a trend in my shoe collection. If I had brown oxfords, I would definitely be replacing those floral ones with them. My mom bought these high-heeled boots recently, and she told me to try them on and walk. Needless to say, my ankles did not cooperate. The high-heeled life is not the life for me, which is quite saddening considering my (lack of) height.

Do you have a favorite pair of boots? What are your winter shoe essentials? Let's talk shoes, ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment