Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Warm Purples and Gold

With NYFW Fall/Winter 2013 coming soon, I thought I'd recreate one of the looks from last year's F/W. I ended up choosing the look from Nanette Lepore, which was a warm purple smokey eye with orange cheeks and a coppery orange lip. The colors were so vivid and glowing. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. So, let's have a look-see at how I attempted the look.

I tried to mimic the model's smolder...didn't work out too well. Clipped my hair back like her too.

The smokey eye consisted of an all-over lid color of reddish-purple/plum with an orange-brown smoked all the way up to the brows. The same reddish-purple was smudged out on the bottom lashline as well. And then there was the beautiful pop of gold in the inner tearducts. For the lips, I didn't really have a coppery-orange lipgloss so I layered a sparkly gold gloss over an orange lip. Then I added some gold eyeshadow to the cupid's bow and center of my bottom lip. I also did not have orange blush, so I used an orange lipstick on my cheeks!


Prepare yourself for quite a few selfies. I tried to channel that modelesque deadpan expression. To say the least, it didn't work out after a while, hahaha.

Channeling my inner Messy Wands, eh?

That striped "scarf" you see? It's a tank top I looped into a scarf because I didn't have a black one LOL.
Yeah, I couldn't do it anymore.

CAUTION: The image you are about to view may scare young children and small animals. Continue at your own risk.


Imagine if we all did our FOTD pictures like this?

I think you've had enough of my face, right? Here are the products I used for the look.


  • L'Oreal HiP Shadow Stick in Unmistakable (sticky base)
  • L'Oreal Color Infallible Shadow in Smoldering Plum (base for purple shadow)
  • Benefit Sunday Funday Palette shadows in Pretty in Plum and Shimmering Bronze
  • Stila Charmed Palette, upper right hand corner
  • L'Oreal HiP Liner in Gold Charge
  • Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black
  • Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Apricot Fantasy (cheeks)
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
  • Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Toast to Shine
  • (not pictured) L'Oreal HiP Duo in Gilded

And lastly, I leave you with this precious gem...

Oh, how I wish.

I really liked how this turned out! It's such a nice, warm smokey eye -- warmed my spirits in this cold, bitter winter. I'm really looking forward to NYFW, and I might just recreate another look. ;) Are you looking forward to New York Fashion Week? Are there any makeup looks inspiring you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment