Sunday, January 13, 2013

Looking Back: 2012 in Blogging

I know it's been a week and a half since New Years, but I thought it would be nice to take a look back at 2012 on The Polka-dotted Jellyfish. It's actually so rewarding to blog and document your life. Looking through the archives and picking out these pictures really brought back such pleasant memories. Let's take a trip through Maggie's year, shall we?

Click the captions if you would like to go see the posts themselves. 
In 2012, I...
JANUARY

FEBRUARY

...went to California and tasted my first In-N-Out

and jumped for joy,

MARCH

...found five things,

...bought my first red lipstick,

APRIL

...became consumed in quite a big project,

MAY

quite BIG indeed,

...kicked off the summer with a rooftop barbecue,

JUNE

...wrote a little story,

...found an everlasting love,

JULY

...went to Puerto Rico,

and made a video,

...created a beach on my arm,

AUGUST

...concocted some rose gold,

...became 3 people in 1 post,

...created a design about depression,

SEPTEMBER

...ended the summer with some fishin'

and welcomed the fall with some pretty colors,

...said 'bye bye' to brights,

and said hello to a few sisters,

OCTOBER

...got my first Birchbox,

...'played' with some MAC,

...took you along with me on a hike,

...became a panda,

NOVEMBER

...started finding colors around the house,

...experimented with grays and purples,

...reconciled with an old friend,

...became caught up in college applications so I shared some art,

DECEMBER

...finally bought a Korres lip butter,

...fell in love with churches,

...shared some more art,

Blogging has been so fun and it is such a great creative outlet for me, and all the while I'm documenting precious memories. Upon this reflection, I've realized what a great year it has been. Really, such a great year. 

There are so many ways to approach blogging. While I still haven't really found my "niche" yet, I am starting to see a style/trend in my posts. However, I'll never stop experimenting. (Also, I'm glad that I never made self-promotional comments!) My apologies for the long post. Back to regular scheduled programming in the next one! 

Happy Sunday! Now I want to ask you, what does blogging mean to you? Do you ever just take a few moments to look back through your archives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment