Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fierce like a Flamenco Dancer

...is what I think I am when I wear this lipstick: NARS's accurately-named lipstick in Flamenco.

As you may have spotted in my last post, I received some Sephora goodies in the mail, and one of them was this lipstick. It's my first ever red lipstick. I have a red lipstain, but I never owned an actual red lipstick. Red lipstick just oozes maturity to you, right? Well at last, I have gone through this rite of passage successfully, and I finally feel a little grown up.

Let's pretend this was the reason I bought it on my birthday a few weeks back (I really was just on the hunt for something NARS).

Matches the book, huh? Writing my research paper on Roald Dahl.

What I like most about this lipstick is that it's sheer, which makes it extremely versatile. I can wear it lightly as if there's just a stain on my lips or I can build it up to an intense, magnificent red. And when I do build it up, it's seriously gorgeous. Refer to the picture below!

Left is one swipe and the right is a couple layers. See how natural AND fierce this lipstick can be? This particular shade of red also brightens up my face so much. It instantly gives my face a much-needed lift.


This is definitely a fantastic beginner red lipstick and consequently, a great investment. The texture is buttery smooth, the color is versatile and build-able, and it fades in such a nice way. Basically, I'm in love with this lipstick. It's awesome.

On a side note, sorry for the absence this week. It's been super stressful with all my term finals and I also took the SATs (remember those?) yesterday. It was actually not that bad, or at least that was what I felt during and after the test. I usually need to freak out or something but I stayed surprisingly calm. I really really hope I did okay. *cross my fingers* Also, (if you follow me on Twitter, you'll know but...) I got my top braces off last Saturday. Can you see them pearly whites in my lip swatch?

Back to regular posting this week hopefully! Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment