Saturday, March 17, 2012

Picking it up again

Today, I painted for leisure for the first time in years. I've been so swamped with school and art projects that I haven't had much time to draw for myself. It had also been a while since I last picked up my watercolors set. Boy, was I rusty at first. I've kind of converted to acrylic paints in the past few years, and I'm definitely more comfortable with them compared to watercolors. I would have used acrylics if I had some at home (need to go down to the art store soon). It definitely would have helped me create a more realistic/creepier (yes, I want more creepy) look. 

WHITE WATERCOLOR PAINT IS JUST THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE! It does hardly anything.

Recently I've been juxtaposing various animal heads on people. Most of the time, I give them crazy scary facial expressions. This time, I decided to try to give it a softer approach. I must say it came out delightfully creepy.


But at the same time, something just seems kind of off to me. I might just go will fix it later, but for now I'm sort of pleased. I was painting for five hours straight. No pee break or snack break or anything. Just painting. And it was very very therapeutic. Will definitely try to do this again next week or maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment