Sunday, August 19, 2012

3 Looks, 1 Infallible

Remember how I raved about some L'Oreal Infallibles a couple months ago? Here I am today to show you just how much I love the one in Smoldering Plum. It is so unbelievably versatile. I created 3 looks using solely the eyeshadow (and of course, a few different lip products).

Feast your eyes on this chameleon of an eyeshadow!

1. bold purple winged liner, 2. an actually "smoldering plum" smokey eye, 3. everyday brown.

Sorry about the weird scowl in the middle picture. I was trying to look fierce and angry or something...yeah, that happened. I wanted each look to have a different feel: the first would be bold and edgy, the second would be sexy and more undone, and the third would be light and refreshing. I even put on different shirts for each look! In all three looks, though, the focus was on the eyes.

Here are the products I used:
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre (look 1)
  • Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Soft Nude (look 2)
  • Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Born With It (look 3)
  • Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (look 1+3)
  • A variety of brushes (ecoTools, Essence of Beauty, The Body Shop)

Look 1: Bold Purple Winged Eyeliner
Here I used Smoldering Plum as eyeliner. I used a thick eyeliner brush to build up the intensity of the eyeshadow, and then a thin eyeliner brush to get a more precise wing. I also used the thicker brush to drag some of the color down to the bottom lashline. The focus was the eyes, but I wanted the lips to still have a little bit of color with Revlon's Nude Lustre.

Look 2: "Smoldering Plum" Smokey Eye
In this look, I used the Smoldering Plum as a dark, pigmented eyeshadow. I packed on the color with a flat shader brush and blended out the edges with a fluffy rounded brush, creating a nice gradient effect. It was a rather (intensely) "undone" eyeshadow look so I skipped out on mascara.

Look 3: Everyday Brown Eyeshadow
I went for a more toned-down, everyday look for this last one. I used Smoldering Plum as both eyeshadow and eyeliner. I dabbed just the tiniest smidge of color with my fluffy blending brush and buffed it out all over my lid, which created the prettiest purpley brown. I used the thin eyeliner brush again to apply the eyeshadow as eyeliner onto my bottom lashline. Then I applied mascara to the top lashes only and a bright lip color, et voila!

This was one heck of a workout! Changing shirts and doing my hair and doing all these looks -- but it was so much fun! Do you see how awesome this eyeshadow is? I shall stroke it lovingly! Anyway, I CHALLENGE YOU to do 3 looks with ONE EYESHADOW (only)! Well, if you want to, I mean, I'm not forcing you...but it's totally worth it!

In other news, I am finally braces-free!!! I got my bottom braces off yesterday. 5 years and 3 months, and I'm finally FREEEEEE (with straight teeth)! So I'm sorry for the yellow teeth, I will be working on that in the coming weeks and months, hehe. It feels so weird having an entirely normal, metal-free mouth now. 

I hope you all had a great weekend because well, you know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment