Thursday, August 30, 2012

Don't Let Go

Before my summer internship becomes an irrelevant topic on this blog, I wanted to share the design I created for my program. The purpose was to create a design that speaks out about a certain societal issue or charitable cause. There was a competition for best design, and though I did not win, I really really enjoyed this project and what it did for myself personally.

The topic I chose was something really close to me, depression.


Don’t Let Go: In a day and age where so much is at our fingertips, there are still millions of people suffering from depression. And thousands of people who commit suicide every year. Whether it is because of bullying, societal pressures, failure or love, it is all such an agonizing feeling. People are put down by societal pressure, familial pressure, and above all, internal pressure. We have come so far, and yet we are so fragile. I am trying to speak to these people and tell them, Don’t let go. Don’t let go of your life. Don’t let go of your love. Don’t let go of everything you’ve worked for. Don’t let go of your dreams. Don’t let go.

This was such great therapy for myself. I've come such a long way, struggled so much, and I don't want to waste all that I've done for myself. This surprised me because it helped me think about so many things.

I pulled images I found online and did this all on Photoshop over the span of a few days. It was actually my first time using Photoshop too. It was such a learning experience both personally and technically. Despite my whole description, what does this design say to you? I would really love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment