Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bye Bye Brights

With the first official day of fall quickly approaching, it's time to say goodbye to those bright lip colors we sported over the summer. It's time to say goodbye to the bright-colored shorts I lived in outside in the sun. As I start packing away my summer clothes, I discover that I'll be "packing away" my bright lip colors as well. I'll probably be leaving these untouched in my makeup drawer for the fall and winter. And so, I thought I'd give them a go one last time before stowing them away in the back of my other lippies.


The line-up.


As I picked them out, I realized that most of my bright lip products were from Revlon. Save for one lipgloss from Korres, all the lippies are from Revlon. I guess the reasoning here is that I shouldn't spend too much money on something I won't wear super often. It's nice to have some adventurous options that I didn't need to shell out too much for. And well, Revlon probably has the best selection of lip products at the drugstore.


  1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Strawberry: This is probably my favorite bright lip gloss in my collection. It's a bright pinky red with such pretty silver glitters. The texture is great and the color really packs a punch.
  2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop: This is another great bright lip color. It's a creamy, cool-toned pink and it's basically almost fluorescent!
  3. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti: A nice, flat-out orange. This is the only orange lipstick that actually kind of works for me. I talked about it more here.
  4. Korres Cherry Lip Gloss in Fuschia: This is more so red than fuchsia. It has pretty multi-colored shimmers, but a not-so-pretty cherry scent.
  5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef: Theeeeeeeeeee perfect coral peach color! This is absolutely beautiful on the lips.
I wanted to swatch these colors on the lips too, but didn't want to take so many pictures of essentially the same thing, so I decided to be a little creative and swatch all 5 colors...at once! Left to right it goes: Fuchsia, Coral Reef, Strawberry, Tutti Frutti, and Pink Pop. You can really see the beauty of Strawberry and Coral Reef here. I felt so "high fashion" the 10 minutes I had these crazy lips on.

It's times like this I wish I had a lip brush.

Doesn't this look like it would be in a magazine or something (not to toot my own horn)?

Speaking of bright colors, they remind me of a little watercolor quote thingamabobber I painted a few weeks ago. It's a quote from one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors. I gifted it to my best friend (whom I got to like Haruki Murakami as well). Drawing cursive in bubble letters is really fun, but kind of tedious.



So, are you going to be stowing away your bright lippies this fall and winter? Or are you gonna wear them anyway? I'm so ready to break out the roses and reds and plums (I already am)! I hope this post "brightened" up your day if even a little, and have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment