Friday, September 14, 2012

Drugstore Thrills

After a long week of school, I didn't feel like going out with my friends so I headed home to be a (blogging) hermit. But first, I stopped by CVS to get some new makeup wipes. And well, I ended up spending a little bit of time there.

Some lighter reading material for the weekend.

This might just be me, but buying beauty products at the drugstore always gives me so much joy. Even more so than buying a fancy, high end makeup item. Is it a "simple pleasure"? I wouldn't necessarily call it that. But I guess I can say that there are a lot of reasons as to why I find so much pleasure in shopping there. 

Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes.

I can browse at ease without a sales associate "helping me". It's convenient and relatively inexpensive (though they're not as cheap of a thrill nowadays, but let's save that topic for a rainy day). Seemingly endless aisles and rows are filled with product after product. There's a lot to choose from. And once you have the selected few held triumphantly in your hands, you cannot wait to pop open the seals at home and try them out.

Top: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, Bottom: Spoiled Nail Polish in Jewelry Heist

Yes, this must be it. It's the thrill of discovering a lovely little gem in a sea of so many unknowns. It's something you just can't experience at Sephora or a department store. You can't try it out and move on if it doesn't suit your fancy. You either buy it or put it back on the rack, never to know how it would have looked like on you. Yes, you could have gotten a nice Dior lipstick in exchange for all these things, but you just couldn't have gotten this kind of feeling. It's the epitome of a pleasant surprise (as are the facts on Snapple bottle caps).


Do you feel the same way about shopping for beauty products at the drugstore? I feel like I've rambled on too much about it, but well something about it just makes me really happy. The drugstore makes me feel very...druggy, eh? Can't wait to test these things out and tell you what I think! Hehe, have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment