Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First Birchbox!

So I finally jumped on the Birchbox bandwagon...! About time, Maggie. *throws confetti into air*


I signed up in early September and was in queue until two weeks ago. I didn't realize it got so popular! But I can see why now because I got a pretty warm welcome with my box this month. There was a collab option with goop for October's Birchbox, so I chose that one instead. It sounded pretty interesting, so why not? :D

 

I was totally blown away by the simple Birchbox packaging design: plain brown paper box with a hot pink logo that pops out effortlessly. No excessive colors, frills, etc. I don't know, it's just minimalist designs like this that make me swoooon. The goop tissue paper was also too cute. But enough about my packaging love, let's get to what was actually in my Birchbox (or um, goopbox heh).


The first thing I saw was this very generously sized (2.2 fl. oz.) sample of Kiehl's Orange Flower & Lychee Skin-Softening Body Cleanser ($24). The card said, "The brand's new foaming gel has a mood-boosting fruity-floral scent that lingers on skin post shower." I've never tried Kiehl's products before (though I've wanted to for such a long time), so I'm really excited about this one. It smells pretty yummy!

Next was a LUNA Fiber bar in the flavor Chocolate Raspberry ($14.95 for 15). I've actually never tried a LUNA bar before either, and this sounds delicious. I always see my friends with them, so now I will have one too. Saving this for tomorrow so I can snack on it (secretly) during class!

The next thing I found was a full size Essie nail polish ($8) in Power Clutch. I gasped when I unwrapped this! It's a lovely steel gray with a cream finish -- perfect for fall. It's a great addition to my slowly-growing nail polish collection, which is now at a healthy population of FOUR! It's like raising an ant farm. :')

Then, this oddly-shaped sample caught my eye. It's the Joanna Vargas Daily Serum. My eyes bulged out when I saw the full-size price: $85!!! I've never used a serum before, and I'm not sure if I'll use this so I might give it to my mom. Though my dull, tired face might need some of that "brightening effect" the serum provides.

Lastly is the Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss in Barely Coral ($26). This sample is so cute and tiny! It's the size of a perfume sample. I swatched this today and the color was really pretty. It's cruelty free (yay!) and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. The label also says that it plumps lips. I'm excited to try this, even though it might die after two uses.

All in all, I really enjoyed my first Birchbox! I can't wait to try the products, and I really look forward to seeing what's in next month's box. There's just something about this whole surprise-in-a-box concept that really wins me over. I hope your week has been going swell! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment