Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thinking Pink

Hey y'all! I said I was back, but oh-so conveniently, I started getting sick this past Monday. First, I got an intestinal infection (still recovering, can't eat oily foods and dairy until the end of the month) and then on Wednesday, I caught a cold! I've lost 5 pounds this week...scary. And you know that nasty, crunchy cough? Yeah, I have that right now (le sigh). But anyway, let's not brew on my sickly-ness.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and to show my support, I decided to do a pink look.



Now, more than ever, we need to find a cure for this horrible disease. I personally don't have much experience with a family member having breast cancer, but there are millions of strong, beautiful women who are affected by it right now. This post is dedicated to these women and their families. Stay strong and fight through it, ladies!


Love the boobies! // Can you identify some products in my make-shift pink ribbon?

Didya miss my face? Haha, I hope I don't look too tired here. My skin's been acting up because of my health lately (or lack thereof). Also, please excuse the fact that I'm in my pajama shirt!



For this look, the star of the show was my Urban Decay Roller Girl palette, which consists of a ka-pow! bright fuschia pink (Woodstock) and 3 lovely neutral shades (Verve, Suspect, Darkhorse). I applied Woodstock all over the lid. Then, I placed Darkhorse in the outer v and outer lower lashline. I used Suspect to blend Darkhorse into the crease, and I also used it to line my lower lashline. Lastly! I applied Verve as an inner corner highlight. I also used:

  • Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace (highlight)
  • Avon Professional Eye Kohl Liner in Dark Brown (top liner and waterline)
  • Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop (just a little bit)

Oh yeah, my little toys had a little something to say too:


...so let's save them!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I will be back in tippy toppy shape very soon! I would love to see you all do some pink looks this month. Let's show our support for the boobies!

No comments:

Post a Comment