Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Hike

My parents and I decided to go on an impromptu hiking trip today. Google led us to Wachusett Mountain, a state reservation 1.5 hours away from our bustling city. We packed some snacks, I packed my camera, and we drove off. When we got there, we picked a trail and headed toward the summit. 

I thought I would bring you along with me on the hike, so here are some pictures to spark your imagination.

I know, not the ideal pair of shoes for hiking but hey they worked.
Eternally fascinated by the way tree roots can sort themselves out almost effortlessly.
I thought the shape of these leaves was so cute.
Spiky moss peeping out between the rocks.
We came along this row of trees carved by lovers past.
Hehe, baby mushrooms sprouting off the trees.

Hiking was my family's favorite pastime in my childhood, but we haven't really gone much in the past few years. It was just so refreshing and nostalgic. Trudging along a path covered in leaves, rocks, and soil. Listening to nothing but ourselves and the sound of our shoes stepping onto one crunchy leaf after another. Looking up at the nearly-barren branches against luscious, still-green pine trees. Breathing in the fresh air. Thinking about nothing, just walking and climbing and walking and more walking. It felt great.


And so, I leave you with this last picture. We were almost at the summit, but I looked back and the view was just unbelievable. If only it wasn't so darn cloudy! But I must say, it did give the mountains such a lovely, eerie feeling as they disappeared behind one another.

I hope you enjoyed this little hike with me. I've actually reaaaally been craving hiking lately, so it was definitely such a treat to escape from my hectic schedule even for a little. It was so nice to "be one with nature" again, haha. Have a great rest of the weekend, and perhaps you'll go on a little nature walk sometime soon too? (Remember to take me with you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment