Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rawr, I'm a...

Happy Halloween, ladies! For those of you who celebrate it, that is. :D



I just wanted to share with you my costume this year. It's my last "kiddy" Halloween, so I decided to go out with a mature and tasteful bang. I put together the costume myself...can you guess what I am?


The red strap's a backpack by the way.

What's black, white, yellow and sips lattes at cafe-bookstore hybrids? Did you get it now? I'm a HIPSTER PANDA! I knew I wanted to be a panda, but I wanted to give it a little twist too. A clever twist, hehe. 

First, I bought a white men's v-neck from H&M. Then I painted the sleeves black. I cut up an old black shirt, filled them with cotton balls, and sewed them onto a black headband as my panda ears. I was so proud of myself because I am not a sewer. Lastly, I slapped on some black skinnies, hung my faux wayfarers on my collar, et voila! A contemporary (hipster) panda. Whaddya think? :D


Loafers from this post.


It was definitely a step up from last year, when I dressed up as Senor Chang (played by Ken Jeong) from my favorite TV show, Community. To the say the least...I was pretty damn attractive that day. I don't know what I was thinking.


Though I do still have that mischievous state of mind?


If you didn't notice already, I parted my hair in the middle (strange!!!) for a more hipster-y look. I dare say, I don't think I look too bad with a middle part. I also curled it myself for the first time ever! I borrowed a curling iron from my friend. These pictures were all taken at the end of the day, so they'd become waves by then, but I still like it! Need to invest in a curling iron/straightener now, I'm hooked.

For extra panda-ness, I put on a ton of eyeliner. I used the Dollywink liquid liner and patted on some black eyeshadow to set it. I don't own a plain black eyeshadow, so I had to use one with gold glitter, which gave a pretty cool effect.


This was taken at the end of the day, held up pretty well!

And so, I bid my last kiddy Halloween farewell. Peace! 
(Yes, this post would not have been complete without a .gif :D)


Horror-ish, Halloween effect? Eh, I tried.

How was your Halloween? What did you dress up as? Or do you not like Halloween or was too lazy to dress up? Do tell me in the comments! I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment