Saturday, February 18, 2012

Teal Enchantment

I'm sure you all follow Eva Chen, Beauty Editor of Teen Vogue, right? Well, if you haven't already, you must! Her tweets and posts give you the best inside look on various fashion weeks and upcoming makeup collections. NYFW just ended, and I must say I loved so many collections.

On her tumblr, she posted a photo of this stunning eyeshadow look (done by MAC) on one of the models at Prabal Gurung.

I swoooooooooooooned.
Gorgeous, right? I was so inspired, or should I say, enchanted to take a spin on this look. It's not a recreation, but more so an inspired look.

Wait, I mean an enchanted look.

I hadn't touched my makeup brushes in almost a year, so I'm a little rusty on the whole eyeshadow application. However, it felt like I was painting, which was really nice...me likey!
I tried my best to find similar colors in my collection, but alas! I don't have that GOSH-DARN-GORGEOUS cobalt blue. I settled with the brightest blue I could find.
It is actually a very "undone" look, so I didn't use eyeliner and I actually thought it looked better without mascara on.
And a mugshot for good measure! This actually shows the colors much better than the close-ups. The model had a very natural lip color on, so I went for that too.

What I used:
-Avon Big Color Eye Pencil in Bluesmoke
-MAC Pigment in Deep Blue Green
-Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Painkiller
-Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Tempting Teal and Vintage Lace
-Maybelline XXL Pro Volume in Very Black (only used the mascara side)
-Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude
-Lancome Juicy Tubes Jelly in Kiwi Slice

Maggie's eye looks are back with a bang!? Hope you all are having a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment