Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cupid's Colors

"Life without you would be like a broken pencil...pointless."

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I hope you had a lovely day with your friends OR your significant other (if you have one). I spent mine at school (of course), but it was still a festive day full of my lovely friends!

For my school newspaper, the past two weeks I (along with my fellow associates of course) had been selling our yearly carnations with cheesy pick up lines in tow. They're always such fun and games, and look! I got a few from my friends! :)
Carnations are actually rather pretty flowers, no?

Also, for my art class we decided to do a little something special today. That was to put our interpretations of the heartbeat into four 2x2 squares. This is what I ended up with! They contrast and correspond with each other.
My favorite one of the four (and also what I think most applies to me) was this! "A world of colors..." I actually made a mistake on this at first, but it turned out well, right?

And so, in honor of this love-filled day, I decided to swatch some makeup! I think this is going to be a series called 'Color Play,' starting with the one I did a few weeks ago. Today, I went for some romantic, cute, sweet shades like rose, pink, and red.
Starting with the lipsticks and going clockwise:
  • Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon -- this is the most unique pink lip color I've ever encountered. All the other pinks I own and quite a lot of the pinks on the market are cool-toned. Pink in the Afternoon is a warm, mid-tone pink that I find so sophisticated. I adore it and I should probably wear it more often.
  • Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Rose -- a soft, romantic, effortless rosy shade. This has been my everyday lipstick as of late; I love it very much!
  • Sephora Flashy Liner in Flashy Pink -- you know those cutesy pale pink-tinted pearls? This is basically that in an eyeliner. Looks lovely on the waterline and the inner corners of the eye!
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Woodstock -- the craziest fuschia pink eyeshadow ever! It has a lovely satin finish and the eyeshadow itself is buttery smooth (like most UD shadows).
  • Rimmel Powder Blush in Pink Rose -- I raved about this on my old blog and I still think it deserves that praise. For such a cheap price, the pigmentation and texture of the blush is phenomenal. Too bad it's discontinued now!! This gives such a cute pop of pink on your cheeks.
  • Covergirl Outlast Lipstain in Plum Pout -- this is the only red lipcolor I own and I love it to death! It creates the prettiest berry-stained lip! I really want to get more red lip products, any recommendations?
  • MAC Pigment in Kitschmas -- a gorgeous silver glitter with a pale pink sheen/duo-chrome running through. It definitely is a really unique color.
  • Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop -- the best neon pink lip gloss ever! The swatch below does not do it justice at all (I was too focused on making it into a heart).
CAUTION: Abusing of hearts! Please avert your eyes if you must!

Ah, well I thought it was cute. But it kind of turned into too much...what do you think? Too much? LOL! I guess making my swatches into a gif is going to be a thing for this series, huh? This time it's much clearer!
1. Pink Pop, 2. Plum Pout, 3. Flashy Pink, 4. Pink in the Afternoon, 5. Soft Rose, 6. Woodstock, 7. Pink Rose, 8. Kitschmas

Do tell me (or show me) how you interpret a heartbeat! May the rest of your week be just as cheery as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment