Friday, January 20, 2012

Dis Blush be Bouncin' around

As I was walking home from school, I went into CVS to grab a little something to snack on. However, I happened upon this display of the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. The font for 'Bouncy' was so ridiculously cute and bubbly (I'm a sucker for typography), it drew me in instantly. There were only a couple colors left, so I picked up one of the darker shades, Plum Wine. I didn't own a dark blush, so I thought, why not?

I had heard many things about the interesting texture and well, "bounce." It is indeed really different from anything I've tried before; it reminded me of a thicker version of Jello. It's like the perfect hybrid of a mousse/cream blush and a powder blush -- right in the middle of the two. It says it dries to a powder finish, but I feel like it still retains some of the moisture.


Plum Wine was moderately pigmented, but I'm sure it's much more pigmented than the other colors in the range. (I heard the lighter ones were a bit sheer.) It's certainly not as dark as it looks in the pan. I would describe the color as a berry-like stain, almost as if you rubbed strawberries on your cheeks --which I very much like! It also has a really nice, subtle sheen.

So far, I'm really intrigued by this blush, but I don't think I'll be purchasing other colors from the line. The colors are all too typical, though Orchid Hush and Coffee Cake do look a little bit more interesting. If you want to try this blush, I'd suggest getting a darker shade (due to its overall sheer pigmentation) unless you're really pale!

Have you tried these yet? Do tell me what you think about them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment