Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Cute Blog Award!

I haven't been tagged for one of these in a while! This one seems really fun (and cute) too, it's the Cute Blog Award. Thanks Kar Yi (AngelicBetrayal) for tagging me! :)

For this award you:

1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the award questions.
3. Tell something about yourself you haven't told anyone on your blog yet.
4. Award as many blogs that you think are worthy of this award.
5. Make sure you let those you gave the award to know that you awarded them.


Award Questions:

1. What is your go-to makeup product?
Definitely mascara! It really wakes up my eyes and lifts up my face. I have pretty long, but straight lashes, so just applying a bit of mascara instantly gives life to my eyes. When I'm being really lazy, I'll just put on mascara and I'm all set.

2. What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
I reeeeaalllly love color blocking. I'm a sucker for minimalism and color blocking is a pretty simple trend, but it takes a bit of thought in order to make it look good. The juxtaposition of colors just gets to me for some reason. The clean, sharp contrast too. I don't know, I just fell in love with color blocking, and I'm sure this trend is here to stay! Nowadays, all I wear a solid-colored clothes -- I rarely wear prints anymore!

3. What is your favorite dessert?
Ooooh, this is much too hard. Hmmm, I'd have to say it's a tie between green tea ice cream and creme brulee. I just loooove green tea anything, but green tea ice cream is just the best. I really love the crust on creme brulee...and then when you crack it? MMMMM...darn now I want some dessert.

4. Favorite color?
Yellow! I just love how bright and happiness-inducing it is. It's just a color that makes me smile instantly. Lately, though, I've been loving navy blue and maroon and gray. Well, actually I'm more of a color-whore. I love all colors -- whenever I see something in a really nice color, I'll be swooning over it and pondering on whether or not I should buy it. Without any consideration as to whether I'd use it...bad habit. I've been eye-ing those Pantone products for so long...

5. What is your middle name?
It's my Chinese name in Pinyin/Romanization: Jia Ying (嘉盈). I think it means 'good fortune'!

6. What was the last song you listened to?
Sparks by Coldplay! One of their best, but most underrated songs, in my opinion. Take a second to listen. :)

Something you don't know about me yet:
Well, I'm still in high school right now (which some of you know already), but my dream career/what I want to be when I grow up is an architect. Yes indeed, a pretty ambitious dream. I just love seeing the tall skyscrapers, their little details, the ever-changing design of buildings nowadays, etc. I've always wondered how ancient civilizations made such beautiful, gigantic, enduring structures with such barbaric technology in comparison to now. It's really scary and stressful thinking about becoming an architect, but at the end of the day, nothing compares to this dream. I really want to make it a reality, but at the same time, I sometimes want to give up and take an easier route out. As this blog (hopefully) continues over the next couple of years, I hope you'll join me in my anxiety and excitement of growing up and achieving my dreams (...hopefully).

So uhh, I might or might not have ended this on a rather somber note, so I'll get on with the tags! I tag:

-Jian
-MakeupMorsels
-Nic Nic
-Shop N' Chomp
-Connie
-Rolala
-Jane
-Popcorn

This was actually really fun, y'all should definitely do it! I'd do it just to have that cute award picture on my blog LOL. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment