Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reliving Childhood

Don't tell me I was the only one who had these as a wee kid: Sakuma Drops! Remember those? If you're Asian, I'm pretty sure you know what these are...I hope.


I recently went to the Asian market and found these babies! I hadn't seen them in stores for YEARS. My friend and I were going crazy searching for these after seeing a little kid on the street with this in his hands. We went to all the convenience stores and markets in Chinatown to no avail. I go to this Asian market for the first time in half a year and I find them! Lucky me! :D

After spotting them on the shelf, I immediately texted my friend and got him one in the green tin. He was so siked. We were both so siked.


Whoa, since 1908, girls. I'm sure I'm not the only one who loved these, right? I absolutely *adore* the tin packaging. It's so old-fashioned and reminiscent of the good old days. I mean, what other company still does tin packaging nowadays (besides Altoids)?

Ahhh, childhood. These candies bring back such good memories. Just looking at them brings an instant smile onto my face. It might just be me, but the candies are much larger than I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment